Thylacine Studios - Forum

Trials of the Gods, Blog Post #5: Cosmetic Creature Customization  (Read 10600 times)

Offline Gnorse

• View Profile
Friday ? as in tommorow ?
oh hell yeah !

Offline Zack

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Friday will be the definite release date for Steam and Android. As for iOS, it's already been submitted to the App Store, but there's no good way to give an estimate since they love to reject apps at random!
Designer and Programmer of Siralim and The Negative. Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Offline bluequakeralex

• View Profile
Zack is hoping to release the expansion on Friday.  But he makes no guarantees.

Offline Gnorse

• View Profile
Hey there, i'm new to the forums but i loved the hell out of siralim 1 and just started playing 2, You guys are doing an awesome job!
Anyway, i want to start a new save file since i used this one for tests and such, should i wait for the release of TotG or ?
TL;DR : how much time 'till release ?

Offline Wulfe

• View Profile
This will be the last Siralim game that uses this same art style. Going to try to kick up the budget a bit for the next game with more appealing graphics :)

Any thoughts or plans about switching to a custom game engine for the next game? Something more tailored to and optimized for games of this nature? I've noticed with both Siralim games, there's a serious lag creep caused by simply have more things in memory(items, artifacts, creatures, etc.) I finally put the first Siiralim down and quit at level 12,000-something because walking around the castle became unbearably slow. I'm led to believe it's a side-effect of Game Maker Studio not really being designed nor equipped to handle the potentially endless memory usage Siralim requires, since it's so widespread.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - SM-T237P, Android 5.1.1
Game version: 2.3.2

Offline Azreide

• View Profile
In Disgaea D2, you can just change the skin of a unit to any other unit of it''s type, and in 5, you can change the hue and saturation of every individual colour as well! xD

Offline bluequakeralex

• View Profile
Oh. That is a great idea.  I don't think the skins will do that.
Although some of the Disgaea games have done this with items.

Offline Azreide

• View Profile
I also meant if we can choose any of the already existing sprites for skins in the same family. And not just skins that will eb specificially amde for skins

Like I really like the look of the ____ Specter, but the ____ Specter is more useful.

Offline bluequakeralex

• View Profile
The skins can only be applied to creatures that belong to the skin's class.

Example:  Rainow-Aspect skin can only be applied to Aspect family creatures.

Offline Azreide

• View Profile
Will we be able to just choose any sprite as a skin for something? Or at least a sprite of the same family?

Offline chronicapathy

• View Profile
Will these creatures appear in future Siralim games as actual creatures instead of skins?

This will be the last Siralim game that uses this same art style. Going to try to kick up the budget a bit for the next game with more appealing graphics :)

Please tell me you are still sticking with 2d graphics.  Nostalgia factor is a huge part of this game for me, plus I just feel 2d graphics works better for this sort of game.

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Can you please take a look at the comment about the game's loot being unfulfilling? Rare skin drops would be cool, but I would like loot that has more substance to collect. Right now all we have is cards. THe legendary materials are SO EASY to get. YOu can just buy all of them from the store. Store doesn't have the one you want? Save/exit and look again. Same goes for the spell and artifact vendors.

Offline Zack

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will these creatures appear in future Siralim games as actual creatures instead of skins?

Designer and Programmer of Siralim and The Negative. Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Offline Umaro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Zack

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just discussed some things with our artist, and there will definitely be at least one skin for each creature race once the expansion is fully launched. Looks like there will be over 100 skins in the end!