Thylacine Studios - Forum

Top 10 Winners and Losers for S3 Early Access thus far  (Read 402 times)

Offline Psylisa

• View Profile
-Resource use balance: The early game may as well be renamed "Endless Quest for Crystal", though some recent patches have improved this a bit
Wait until you get a bunch of artifacts you want to shred...
I got a bill for 300k Granite!

Breeding has kind of mellowed out on resources now that the cost for hatching has been removed. That's been a big boost, and I'm nowhere near as starved as previous.

-Life Mage: Life who? Oh yeah hes a class we can choose form too. If we want no power early on, and no creatures to support the perks because the items are gated that is...
Ugh, don't get me started... well now that I am, I'll make a separate thread on improvements for this guy. Life Mages matter too!

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Top 10 Winners and Losers for S3 Early Access thus far
Reply #1 May 31, 2018, 09:02:40 PM
Winners

-Music: Head and shoulders above previous games
-Artifact system: so much better in every way, and more content coming on this too
-Story Mode: vastly superior than either previous game in terms of content and writing
-Death Mage: clearly a fan favorite, Saia mechanics are unique and interesting, summons are a thing too
-Nature Mage: Take the most powerful mage from S2 and give him even more power? ok...
-Spell Gems: Much more interesting properties, class swap add a lot of depth
-itherian realms: Cool and interesting, sigils provide real challenges
-Nether Creature System - more streamlined and flexible
-Altar of Blood: Punishments gone! Use this with Gore Knife to get whatever mat you need. great concept.
-Tavern Brawls: Not even in the game yet but the concept is still a winner and something many look forward to

Losers:

-Sounds: Same sounds from early games. Tinny, chimey bells for every spell and effect. Monster sound effects are weird and dont sound like how you would imagine. All treble no bass...
-Breeding System: Most folks are put off by the level caps, the micro management required to keep your creatures advancing and just dont like killing their favorite creatures in general
-Resource use balance: The early game may as well be renamed "Endless Quest for Crystal", though some recent patches have improved this a bit
-Autocasting: Want to make a team that crashes the game with infinite autocasts like we did in S2? Yeah, that's still here. Can make a full auto cast team by realm 15 easily.
-Heart of Darkness: At least you can turn it off now... This was ill conceived at best.
-Weighted / gated item drops: Why the hell do I need 6 agility aura artifacts? Well here 8 more for you anyways just in case, and a ton of Cannon Shot and Live to Labor for ya as well.
-Recipes: All the breeding recipes you will find are for creatures you ALREADY HAVE! Yeah cuz thats what I want to do, discover things I have already discovered...
-Life Mage: Life who? Oh yeah hes a class we can choose form too. If we want no power early on, and no creatures to support the perks because the items are gated that is...
-Singular Creatures: We dont care about pallete swaps very much, you would be better off with alternate music for battles / realms in place of critter skins. I would personally pay real money for alternate music options or the ability to choose what song played where (Regalis theme everywhere)
-Arena: Still in early access but its currently as stale as it was in S2. It has potential to be something cool and interesting but currently it's a dud

What do you guys think of my list? What did I miss or get wrong?