Thylacine Studios - Forum

Traits on Artifacts Weighted?  (Read 750 times)

Offline frogspoison

• View Profile
Re: Traits on Artifacts Weighted?
Reply #10 June 01, 2018, 01:05:46 AM
It's not just weighted - You are unable to acquire traits of creatures that you haven't unlocked in the Realms. Even if you've unlocked them via breeding, you will NOT find those traits until you unlock them in story mode.

Even via transmutation and random crafting! (Probably a similar story with eggs too)

Reply #9 May 30, 2018, 11:24:51 PM
I'm personally not a fan of the weighted materials and have noticed that the vast, vast majority of artifacts with traits and legendary materials are traits that are available only on creatures that I've encountered/extracted. I can definitely see the argument for this presented above, but from a personal standpoint, it was much more enjoyable in Siralim 2 to find all kinds of crazy traits and build around them. I would very much like to see the old system return, or at least a change to increase the chance of traits for non-encountered creatures to appear.

Offline Visio

• View Profile
Reply #8 May 30, 2018, 10:51:40 PM
well yep. legendary materials that lay on the floor are sorta worthless. as well as transmute (or im unlucky).
on artefacts trait really is not a feature anymore are you look for stat rolls/composition.

Actually to think of it, legendary mats are really worthless now. as whole forging/enchanting/reforging/disenchanting system.

Wall of text regarding artefacts:

Old times in S2 you used to reforge your art 100 times in a row to get perfect rolls on mana/crit/dodge/resources
here you cant reroll natural arts and ones you can do simply s#!k in comparision. so you just
yolo enchant natural arts. get bad rolls. still wear them till get next ones
forged/crafted idk. so so worthless :P maybe in late game something will change. so far only reason to forge/craft is to spend resources for achievment points.

no wait. on a side note in early game crafting 5x pallida was extremely useful. thats it

think some ability to at least reroll a natural art property by expending some rare ingredients and nutz cost of resources would be helpful, since atm all artefacts are treated as trash contrary to s1/s2. you realize you cant craft anything good. and random stuff you get is pretty crappy + cant be improved. so you just wear random trash thats still better then elaborately crafted artefacts and ok with it.
I think natural arts just might have better base stats, maybe +1-2 slots. But you should be able to reforge s*T you've enchanted on em yourself. that way artefacts wont be such a filler they are now.
I understand the aims pursued by current art system, but really so far 100+ hours 700+ levels it just makes me care to have: trait/ base stat i want/ base resource i want. thats it. other slots might as well be empty or have a speed filler as a preferred stat. nothing close to what was in s2
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:02:25 PM by Visio »

Offline Psylisa

• View Profile
Reply #7 May 30, 2018, 10:44:48 PM
and i like. i think it makes game much more balanced.
on recipes part i think more rng is ok. but not on artifacts/materials
this way you breed new creature from recipes or juts random mixing.
it starts appearing in the wild eventually and artifacts/materials start appearing. or you just sac it for em.
Thats sorta more elaborate then just having random material with some godly trait rolled on random trader.
But it forces the game into breed or nothing.

With knives (which are pretty common), I can already breed a creature and sacrifice it to get the trait I want. Why should random drops be limited by the same exact system? It's a redundancy that makes finding artifacts and gold material boxes pointless. There's never a point in the game where I say "yay a gold material box!".

Offline Visio

• View Profile
Reply #6 May 30, 2018, 09:58:55 PM
and i like. i think it makes game much more balanced.
on recipes part i think more rng is ok. but not on artifacts/materials
this way you breed new creature from recipes or juts random mixing.
it starts appearing in the wild eventually and artifacts/materials start appearing. or you just sac it for em.
Thats sorta more elaborate then just having random material with some godly trait rolled on random trader.

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Reply #5 May 30, 2018, 10:04:53 AM
Overall I dislike weighted drops, please bring back the old random drops.

This should be ESPECIALLY true of the breeding recipes. I mean why the hell would you weight the recipe drops for creatures we already have? Recipes are different than the other items because the knowledge persists beyond the save files. The only time you can actually and truly experiment is in the beginning  before every recipe has been put on the wiki.

Or maybe you are a person who avoids the wiki spoilers, why are you punishing that person with these useless weighted recipes?

Offline Visio

• View Profile
Reply #4 May 30, 2018, 02:40:00 AM
i think weighted drops are ok more or less. early game pure rng can easly break the flow of game
like getting reroute to remain super early or something like that
in fact that system promotes you experimenting with breeding
i was very glad indeed when i made an elf barbarian
because i hate resurrecting mobs more then anything else.

Offline Psylisa

• View Profile
Reply #3 May 30, 2018, 02:24:36 AM
It's the same for me. The materials are weighted towards what critters you have already got apparently. This would probably be ok on it's own, but it with Gore Knives in S3, hunting for materials / artifacts with traits has been trivialized. Why bother searching realms for materials that are weighted against you when you can just sacrifice the mob and get it's material?

You are better off spending the time you would be searching for mats experimenting with breeding or collecting cores.
I think Gore Knives are far too common right now. In the future, I would expect them to be on-par with Seed/Tome drops honestly.

I dislike the weighted drops. There's a certain random aspect about Sirilim, and the weighted drops confine you heavily.

Other weighted drops (seemingly):
Random Eggs you find (I've only found creatures in eggs I've already discovered)
Cores from Tartarith's domain
Artifact Traits
Material Traits (from the golden crates)

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Reply #2 May 30, 2018, 12:26:02 AM
It's the same for me. The materials are weighted towards what critters you have already got apparently. This would probably be ok on it's own, but it with Gore Knives in S3, hunting for materials / artifacts with traits has been trivialized. Why bother searching realms for materials that are weighted against you when you can just sacrifice the mob and get it's material?

You are better off spending the time you would be searching for mats experimenting with breeding or collecting cores.

Offline Psylisa

• View Profile
Traits on Artifacts Weighted?
Reply #1 May 29, 2018, 10:49:01 PM
It seems (and it could just been INCREDIBLY poor RNG) that traits I find on artifacts are heavily weighted towards traits of creatures that I've unlocked. Can this be confirmed?
I mention this, because I found 8 artifacts with Mana Bomb almost as soon as I unlocked the Djinn with the exact trait.

The same happened with Call the Solstice.
And Bombardment.
And Sloth.
And Dragon's Undoing.

Why do I have 5+ copies of artifacts with these traits, specifically? Why was the timing of acquiring them all directly after I unlocked the creatures with those traits? It all just seems very odd to get multiple copies tifact, when therof the same trait on a found are's sooooo many traits in the game.