Thylacine Studios - Forum

WAY too much Autocasting still...  (Read 513 times)

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Re: WAY too much Autocasting still...
Reply #5 May 31, 2018, 08:31:33 PM
To be fair my combo is an entry level example of what is currently possible even before you beat the story. And trust me it leads to DISGUSTING power. There's a TON of traits that work off defend that can break the game apart any number of ways using that combo as a base.

And that is using starter creatures.

Zack said he wanted S3 to be different than S2 in regards to autocasting, but its all still there currently if you put a few basic pieces together.

Offline Dirtyhands

• View Profile
Reply #4 May 31, 2018, 04:59:57 PM
I do not see much that much of brokenness with autocasting. The OPs combo is a bit luck related, too - there are more imba ones out there (like the one of Psylisa).

And please do not forget, if the devs start to take out every broken combo nothing special remains.

I once ran into some critters with a lot of autocast on defending, I survived the battle with 2 creatures barely alive...and it was very funny and inspiring for my own strategies :D

Offline Psylisa

• View Profile
Reply #3 May 31, 2018, 04:57:53 PM
glory works pretty good with spell tap too. you have 9 spell gems from other creature, it even may include glory, and 6 own spell gems. thats with a base setup of just having +3 slot artifacts. though i try to get out of autocasting as much as possible since its notably slower then well-done manual setup. like Zod rune + rapture + anything that hits very hard/or multiple times and very hard.

TLDR manual is still way more efficient and way faster so only issues i see with autocast is when enemies use it and delay combat :P
Just 9 with Spell Tap?
Mine is giving +15 spells... rofl

And yes, Glory is bad for the game.
Even spells like Verdant Spheres and Elemental Barrage get crazy.

I disagree with triggered spells having a mana cost. Spells like Rend for instance, are nigh useless because they cost mana AND require a trigger to activate. Split Punch is 100x better (and it's not even a good spell).

Offline Visio

• View Profile
Reply #2 May 31, 2018, 04:42:58 PM
glory works pretty good with spell tap too. you have 9 spell gems from other creature, it even may include glory, and 6 own spell gems. thats with a base setup of just having +3 slot artifacts. though i try to get out of autocasting as much as possible since its notably slower then well-done manual setup. like Zod rune + rapture + anything that hits very hard/or multiple times and very hard.

TLDR manual is still way more efficient and way faster so only issues i see with autocast is when enemies use it and delay combat :P

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
WAY too much Autocasting still...
Reply #1 May 31, 2018, 04:33:35 PM
Once you get a few traits or gems its S2 all over again.

Wallflower + Fan Dance traits. Critter with guardian force gem defend: 10 free casts. Now insert your most broken spells like glory, mana drain, all the debuffs, and hell throw a bunch of damage at em while youre at it.

All of that brokeness fits on 1 creature with 1 artifact. You still have 5 other slots to make this setup even more broken... its rediculous and that happens with the starter creatures / cores.

SOLUTION: Auto casts cost the full mana value OR auto cast cap of 1-2 per turn.

or better yet delete the offending traits and spells. Glory never should have made it out of S2.