Thylacine Studios - Forum

What does your creature team consist of?  (Read 50292 times)

Offline Story of the world

• View Profile
Re: What does your creature team consist of?
Reply #5 February 10, 2015, 04:57:26 PM
Hello,

I'm currently level 161 and I've had a lot of team builds. My current one is as follow :
Unicorn Vivifier (lvl 180) : for the resurrect ability and decent overall stats
Nether Pegasus (lvl 80) : for its ability that saves a friendly creature from a killing blow and I've added a legendary Afterlife ability
Unicorn Consecrator (lvl 160) : for the healing ability and decent overall stats
Nether Skeleton Gunslinger (lvl 72) : though it has been nerfed a lot, I find its damage output still appreciable and the stun is a great control tool
Nether Demon Fallen Carnage (lvl 82) : great finisher thanks to its ability and I've added a constant Berserker buff that let him finish almost anything until level 400 or so
Nether Skeleton Mortarman (lvl 81) : nice damage output to all enemy creatures
Nice team! How does it fair against creatures that cast blight immediately? I'm wondering this because I'm thinking of adding a unicorn consecrator on my team as well. 

Offline Ravelair

• View Profile
Reply #4 February 04, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
Skeleton sniper, servant Hunter, berserker fiend, fallen carnage and cinder devil for DPS & clear. This pretty much kills everything unless the enemy gets a good spell off. Most fights can be won by just spamming the A button. Mouth of hell or fortress as a tank, usually fortress because I'm still lacking the stuff to make the mouth of hell be the permanent target.

Offline Bewi

• View Profile
Reply #3 February 04, 2015, 03:50:25 AM
Hello,

I'm currently level 161 and I've had a lot of team builds. My current one is as follow :
Unicorn Vivifier (lvl 180) : for the resurrect ability and decent overall stats
Nether Pegasus (lvl 80) : for its ability that saves a friendly creature from a killing blow and I've added a legendary Afterlife ability
Unicorn Consecrator (lvl 160) : for the healing ability and decent overall stats
Nether Skeleton Gunslinger (lvl 72) : though it has been nerfed a lot, I find its damage output still appreciable and the stun is a great control tool
Nether Demon Fallen Carnage (lvl 82) : great finisher thanks to its ability and I've added a constant Berserker buff that let him finish almost anything until level 400 or so
Nether Skeleton Mortarman (lvl 81) : nice damage output to all enemy creatures

Offline Bionic

• View Profile
Reply #2 February 03, 2015, 07:14:15 PM
I'm only barely level 40, so I'm only just getting started and experimenting with different creatures. As you said, some abilities sound amazing bit turn out to be pretty underwhelming,  while on the other hand some abilities that you scoffed actually turned out to be great.

My first creature (being a Death mage) was a Lich Priest. Although it would sometimes score very high damage it usually didn't contribute much other than by soaking up damage with its high HP. I recently replaced it.

The second one that's still on the team is a Fallen Carnage. This one doesn't usually do too much damage either but I really like the midnight feast ability. I always try to give FC the last hit on enemies which gives it a decent damage output and of course completely restores its health (I'm not sure if artifact abilities can proc on multistrike strikes but that would make it even better).

The first creature I diffused in the realms and summoned was the Berserker Fiend which completely obliterates most creatures. As you said it hurts itself pretty badly, but if I DON'T use healing or leech (which has great synergy) I can usually one-shot at least two or three enemies with the Fiend.

Then it's the Brim Smith. Another damage dealer. With its upgraded artifact starting to rival the Berserker Fiend in damage output.

To keep the enemy team in check I use a Brownie Mauler, wearing a shield artifact with taunt. While he usually is a casualty, he can often keep a large portion of the enemy team stunned for a large portion of the match. Would like for him to have some more speed though to push him up the queue.

I'm currently in the process of leveling two new creatures. The Wywern Sonicscreecher enemy teams started spamming way too much spells. And also a servant hunter for the reasons you already stated. I had a servant hunter on my first play-through as damage dealer and it was very good at that. Though that game ended when I tried a sigil and realized I had turned on hard-core.  ::)

EDIT: I wrote this on mobile, apologies if I sound drunk.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:16:38 PM by Bionic »

Offline Story of the world

• View Profile
What does your creature team consist of?
Reply #1 February 03, 2015, 01:17:00 PM
Theres plenty of creatures in siralim with alot of great abilities. I'm curious, what teams do you find are the most effective?
Keep in mind I'm only level 65
I'm currently using
Servant Hunter- I really like his razor sharp ability which deals 35% damage to 2 other enemies with an instant bleed proc. I;ve had him since the beginning and I don't see Servant hunter getting swapped out any time soon.
Unicorn Vivifier- My next nether creature, that ability is really good ( 50 percent chance to resurrect an ally after an attack) Definatly going to be a staple in my party for a long time to come.
Berserker Fiend- a newer addition to the team, It is always berserk.  I like the damage output, but you need to watch out before overloading on attack because it could kill itself with berserk.   Great for starting out, but as artifacts become more crucial, it will be replaced soon.
Nether Twisted Devil-  I really messed this build up.  Serves as a lesson to take your time with a nether creature.  I thought that gaining 50% of your luck in attack would make it OP, but I was definatly wrong.  Doesn't help that I rushed building it.
Wyvern Sonicscreecher-  Its ability silences enemies after they cast a spell, super useful in higher level realms.  It is one of my main chaos attackers thanks to the next monster I have.
Dark Brim smith- One of my favorite synergy monsters,  its ability grants the attack and luck to all my creatures in the bottom row (wyvern, and twisted devil) I gave it a sword with all attack substats, its usefulness makes up for its subpar stats. 

I'd love to see some lineups of your teams.