Thylacine Studios - Forum

Breeding Theory Craft  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Kejal

• View Profile
Re: Breeding Theory Craft
Reply #10 June 20, 2016, 07:09:12 PM
Your observation seems pretty straightforward to me: "Breeding with creatures that are strong in specific stats will add some of those stats to the offspring". However it does not tell anything about how much of those stats are added. You could provide the normalized gene strength stats of the parents and offspring so we can argue about how a creature's gene strength and level affects the offspring.

To normalize gene strength do the following:
1. go to detailed stats of the creature
2. execute the following mathematical operations (basically computing the proportion of each gene strength value). All values taken from the gene column:
Health + Attack + Int + Def + Speed = x
x / gene strength = gene multiplier (gm) -> this is based on your creatures level
Health / gm = gene strengh points assigned to health

The gene strength points might not always be an integer but should be very close like 0.99 or 1.01

Here is an example:
I have a +61 Spitting Arachnalisk. It has the values 131/288/341/393/445 under health/attack/int/def/speed in the gene column.
131 + 288 + 341 + 393 + 445 = 1598 = x
1598 / 61 = 26.197 = gm
131 / gm = 5.00006 (rounded to 5)
288 / gm = 10.994 (rounded to 11)
341 / gm = 13.02 = 13
393 / gm = 15.00 = 15
445 / gm = 16.99 = 17
So the 61 points from gene strength are distributed 5 for health, 11 for attack, 13 for int, 15 for def and 17 for speed.

Offline theluxx

• View Profile
Reply #9 June 20, 2016, 05:40:56 PM
You guys should try and breed a creature to at least +1000 gene strength first, it will make my first post make more sense.

You will realize that level of the parents contributing to gene strength becomes irrelevant.

The difficult part is trying to make 1 perfect creature with a balanced distribution of stats. When you can get 1 creature, only put that creature and ur nether in a party and farm chests to find eggs, all eggs you find will reflect that perfect creature's stat distribution.

Or you can take the easy route and only invest in 2 types of monsters

Atk, Def, Spd

and

Int, Def, Spd

Then go full on HAM on breeding these without caring about balanced stats, give your nether creature/demon the Defense aura, and one of your creatures the Pumpkin Spice trait, this rectifies not having to invest in any HP gene strength.

Offline Kejal

• View Profile
Reply #8 June 20, 2016, 12:27:19 PM
During my tests I was able to breed a pure attack Enim Ophan +26 (which has a base attack of 1).
Its level 23 stats are:
Health 114
Mana 36
Attack 146
Int 114
Def 114
Speed 114

You can see its detailed stat distribution in the attachment. I was able to breed it using the theories I mentioned in the second post of this thread.

[EDIT]The difference between the sceenshot and the stats given above is that ab ove stats are with base points in creature perks (after drinking a Potion of Forgetting)[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:31:02 PM by Kejal »

Offline darkfangs

• View Profile
Reply #7 June 20, 2016, 10:55:44 AM
Just to clarify on the max gene strength being +3 per parent. This is false but in reality true. There used to be a hard cap on it and it was +3, Zack took the cap away in one of the patches. You can now get more than +3 for having a creature level far above your mage level. It just isn't worth your time or effort. The most I've gotten is +5 but that was from creatures somewhere between 50% and 100% above my mage level. I would not recommend raising your creatures that high of level as it is a giant waste of time though.

Offline Kejal

• View Profile
Reply #6 June 20, 2016, 07:57:25 AM
No it does not. You can flip pedigree and mate and get exactly the same distribution and gene strength, just make a backup and test it. Here is what I used:
Parent 1: Level 1 Colossoal Giant with +77 gene strength
Parent 2: Level 63 Emerald Paragorn without gene strength

Offspring with Colossal Giant as pedigree:
Level 40 Colossal Giant with +78 gene strength, distribution 24/200/16/168/216

Offspring with Emerald Paragorn as pedigree:
Level 40 Emerald paragorn with +78 gene strength, distribution 24/200/16/168/216

Offline random_rolle

• View Profile
Reply #5 June 20, 2016, 07:49:57 AM
You don't know the contribution, however the pedigrees gene-strength dictates maximum offspring gene-strength.

Offline Kejal

• View Profile
Reply #4 June 20, 2016, 07:29:07 AM
I said the *contribution* from the non-gene strength parent is +3 maximum. I said nothing about the contribution of the other creature involved. Your example would only be a counter example if your familiar does not have any gene strength either (which would result in a +6 creature because both contribute +3). If you manage to breed a > +6 creature with no gene strength parents I stand corrected, otherwise 1) is still valid.

Offline random_rolle

• View Profile
Reply #3 June 20, 2016, 07:22:48 AM
I can say that number 1 there is wrong. YOu can get way more genestrength than 3 from a non-gene strength creature, as long as its level is high enough. It all depends on the pedigree parents genestrength, and it doesnt always add genestrength to 3 stats either, i've gotten only on 2 on occation.

I breed my familiars with varve imlings, the imlings never having any genestrength, but making sure that both the familiar and imling has reached my level. At least one of my familiars got only gene in int and speed (which is the strength of the imling), and all 6 familiars got +8 from basic imlings last breeding (from +25 to +33).

Offline Kejal

• View Profile
Reply #2 June 20, 2016, 06:22:43 AM
From my personal tests I can add the following for breeding with creatures without gene strength.

1. A creature without gene strength will add a maximum of +3 to the offspring (+1 for strongest stat, +1 for second strongest, +1 for third strongest)
2. The stats added are based on what the creature is strong in.
3. "Strong" means highest stat after creature perks (so if you put all your points into speed most of your creatures will be strong there)
4. Health is valued half for gene strength meaning it will be your strongest stat if it is at least twice as high as your second highest stat
5. Paragorns are ideal for breeding since they are strongest in their respective stat (ruby=health, emerald=attack, sapphire=defense, topaz=speed, diamond=int)
6. Pedigree and Mate are symmetrical contributing to gene strength, meaning the only difference when flipping them is the resulting creature type. Gene strength and its distribution remains the same.

Offline theluxx

• View Profile
Breeding Theory Craft
Reply #1 June 20, 2016, 03:36:11 AM
If you want to breed a monster with relatively high gene strength in all categories, you need to splice them.

Both parents need to have around equal gene strength, but should not have overlapping contributing Gene Stats.

E.G

Parent 1 has HP, ATK, Int
Parent 2 has Def, Speed

The offspring results in HP, Atk, Int, Def, Speed.

Splicing redistributes the stat growth of the monster, it does not increase much the resultant +gene strength you see on a monster, if anything that number is deceptive.

When the breeding partner has zero gene strength, it only contributes to the +GENE amount of the child, level of the monster influences it somewhat, but it is also influenced by current Gene strength of the 1st monster and capped by 200% of the Mage's level. Eventually if gene strength is high enough it reaches a point where the partner's gene level doesn't matter, but in the start when gene strength is only in double digits, it helps quite a bit.

The tricky part is finding out the right creatures to breed for specific stat growths and how not to mess them up when you splice them.

Generally you will always want HP on your monsters.

A thoroughbred Masochist witch will give

HP, ATK, INT

Basically it's only good for spell casting, as it has no speed. You need speed if you want to use physical attacks.

What is neccessary is a creature which gives Defense and Speed only.

I haven't found one, but I'm thinking it will be one of the Amaranths.

But from what I have done is spliced some +1000 thorough breds.

Masochist Witch + Tower Giant + Raven Acolyte

Raven Acolyte has high speed and int.

I breed a Masochist witch with Raven Acolyte

I went from

HP   +++++
ATK +++++
INT +++++
DEF 0
SPD 0

to

HP    ++++
ATK  ++++
INT  +++++
DEF 0
SPD +++++

And then I bred it with a Tower Giant which is Mainly Defense and I got this

HP    ++++
ATK  ++++
INT  +++++
DEF ++
SPD ++++

I feel I'm heading in the right direction of how breeding works, but I haven't quite got it yet :/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:38:02 AM by theluxx »