Thylacine Studios - Forum

Your favourite Theme Teams  (Read 7928 times)

Offline robertleva

• View Profile
Re: Your favourite Theme Teams
Reply #22 January 15, 2017, 12:18:05 PM
REgarding the hounds team with Eye of thylacine- Can you summon critters after they merge?

Offline winsomniak

• View Profile
Reply #21 January 05, 2017, 11:13:43 PM
Well, this probably is my favorite theme/tribe team setup.(Be forewarned, ye readers, this path leads to madness!)

Sorcery Mage, with Spell Mastery and Wild Magic

Nether Diabolic Nemesis
Traits:
-Spell Tap
-Pact of the Deep
-Wreck
-Artifact:
Armors with scorn immune, and Death's Bite, Scattershot or Fight or Flight
Gems:
-All life gems, except for one infernal charge

Restof the team's fully geared with useful life gems, and immune silence artifact armors.
Diabolic Rebel with Shackler's Mastery
Diabolic Nemesis with Singularity
Diabolic Observer with Endurance Aura
Diabolic Commander with Solace
Diabolic Menace with Channeling

This setup is essentially broken though. My crew isaveeage level 1,500, and straight steam rolls over level 150,000 bosses with minimal defenses.

I started number crunching today and used this team as a benchmark. If my math is correct and there are no bugs, with max spell slots and Zonte card your team should have 1712.34x HP

After your nether steals 25% HP (assuming that happens at the end of calculations) you end up with 3852.765x HP for your Nether and 1284.255x HP for your Horde.         
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Offline Liquidated

• View Profile
Reply #20 January 04, 2017, 04:02:34 AM
Nature Hounds with Lone Wolf is my first Theme Team and I have to say, it totally rocks.

I was playing the new Trials expansion as a new Nature Mage and moved from my mixed team centered around Ipis tanking around realm 36 after Misery was mutilated and one shot first round; that skill is REALLY too broken powerful - needs to be removed imo)

When I switched over to team Thylacine, with Lone Wolf active, my ability to kill things went though the roof not even minding the spell gems or using specialized artifacts. I was using some random artifact I found with wild stabs on it and then stuck every cast on defence death gem I found useful (sudden death was a bad idea lol) on to all the lesser hounds.

That stage was fine while I got the piety for nether terror hound picking up a death shield with Eye of the Thylacine and put it on a dark crystal smith as a test: it appears the critter with the trait to turn into Thylacine can be anything, it just goes from 7 effective hounds to 6.

So my Nether Terror Hound with Death Shield and the single innate trait wild stabs is tearing things apart as it is backed by every useful death gem set on hit, at start, on defend as well as possible (defy light on cast at start and on hit is keen). The terror hound itself is immune 100% to debuffs and debuffing the holy crap out of all the multistricken wild stabbed/fury stricken enemies all while largely invisible. I maxed out the gem slots on the terror for all the non death gems I want.

The build only gets more insane as I fill in the blanks.

Really not sure how safe it is go Avatar of Yseros (all runes really works well since I'm packing so many buffs) but that ultimate spell of hers would ruin my setup if random properties ever cast it.

Offline rlnonay

• View Profile
Reply #19 November 21, 2016, 11:01:28 AM
A team I'm running:

Hunter director with Impedence (weak on hit, mend when hit, scorn when hit, start with mend) de
   gems: Wrath of nature, shellburst (extra target), stone skin (extra target), earthen embrace (cast on hit)

Light Hunter with Director's cut (used to have this on the Hammer lord; frozen on hit, poison when hit) dd
    gems: Wrath of nature (cast on hit), chain lightning, ice bolt (cast on hit)

Moon Hunter with Urdox Harbinger (taunt when hit, grace on hit, bleed when hit, frozen on hit, immune to stun) dc
     gems: shellburst, petrify (extra target), Iron skin (cast on hit), Natures blessing (cast when hit, casts twice)

Hammer lord with Soul to Keep (leech when hit, bleed on hit, weak when hit, start with shell) df
     gems: Mind Crush (cast on hit), spell strike, spell breath (cast on hit), Mind control (cast on hit)

Faith Hunter with Hell's Protection (burn on hit, sleep when hit, invisible when hit, start with grace, immune to blight) db
     gems: Stone Skin, Scourge Sorcery, empower (cast on hit)

Servant Hunter with Brain Drain (blight when hit, silence when hit, immune to scorn) da
     gems: Dust cloak, earthen embrace, entangle

My Runes:
 Yun, Nis, Fau, Uka, and Inu

Spell gems not optimized - generally choose those with "on hit"  chances and area targeting.

Only problm is that the hunter traits don't seem to activate the correct number of times (typically get 2 or 3 each time rather than the 5 I should be seeing...).

Offline Wulfe

• View Profile
Reply #18 November 07, 2016, 11:06:34 PM
Well, this probably is my favorite theme/tribe team setup.(Be forewarned, ye readers, this path leads to madness!)

Sorcery Mage, with Spell Mastery and Wild Magic

Nether Diabolic Nemesis
Traits:
-Spell Tap
-Pact of the Deep
-Wreck
-Artifact:
Armors with scorn immune, and Death's Bite, Scattershot or Fight or Flight
Gems:
-All life gems, except for one infernal charge

Restof the team's fully geared with useful life gems, and immune silence artifact armors.
Diabolic Rebel with Shackler's Mastery
Diabolic Nemesis with Singularity
Diabolic Observer with Endurance Aura
Diabolic Commander with Solace
Diabolic Menace with Channeling

This setup is essentially broken though. My crew isaveeage level 1,500, and straight steam rolls over level 150,000 bosses with minimal defenses.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - SM-T237P, Android 5.1.1
Game version: 2.3.2

Offline yg

• View Profile
Reply #17 September 02, 2016, 11:42:45 PM
I got Kindness and tested it with Envy. I'm still confused by some things, but the way they work, Kindness first applies before Envy, then the modifier changes after the Envy stat change. The Kindness modifier can be multiplied by other modifiers, but I'm not sure if it's multiplied by modifiers effecting the creature with Kindness or the ones effecting the creature it's being applied to. My guess is the latter, but I've only tested it with modifiers that effect the whole team, and in that case it only gets multiplied once.

Offline yg

• View Profile
Reply #16 August 31, 2016, 04:41:59 PM
I can't get the numbers to add up exactly, but it seems like you're just getting (defense + 0.5 artifact) * incandescence * jailbreak * defense aura. I'm not sure exactly how Equality works, it's sort of weird, so you may or may not have more defense than it shows.

As for Kindness, the question is whether your other creatures are getting 15% of your starting defense or your final defense, and then whether or not that gets multiplied by defense aura and jailbreak.

In any case, I did some testing for a pit worm tunneler team. If I can ever get Envy and Live to Labor on the same creature, it's going to be nuts. Even Live to Labor and Whetted Bones would be impressive, really.
I tested:
Invidia
Sunclaw Gargoyle
Creep Mummy
Caustic Cerberus
Forsaken Bonescraper
Pitworm Tunneler

I'm a sorcery mage so I can just stick chaos gems on everything, so they all have 6 chaos gems but the Invidia which has 5 + equality.

The way the multiplier works is:
Primal Incantion = 7 * 35 spell gems = 245% or 3.45
Channeling = 1.05^6 = 1.34 since it's multiplicative per gem (this stuff is weird)
Inner Hatred = 2
Whetted Bones = 1.75

The Forsaken Bonescraper gets all that multiplied, the Invidia gets that multiplied by everything but Whetted Bones. The final multiplier is 149.6. In my test the Bonescraper has 1,292 base attack and the Invidia gets 193,310 from Equality.

Offline Umaro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #15 August 31, 2016, 12:22:43 PM
What's the defense multiplier on your Krampus? I'd really appreciate it if you'd explain what order the traits stack. I've been testing out how stat bonuses work, but I don't have the materials to see how a lot of trait combinations interact. As a suggestion, have you tried Kindness instead of Fool's Axiom? I haven't been able to test it, but it'd be interesting to see how it works.

Right now I'm running the super lazy 6 Invidia team. I want to go full cruise control and make a Pit Worm Tunneler team, but still need to do some material grinding. I might be able to get it workable, but I want to see some big numbers.

Looks like a x19 multiplier. The team is not exactly the same as I posted it anymore though.

Looks like it's doing something like this:

• Fool's Axiom: +390,285 Defense to the rest of the party.
  • Highest defense creature in the party other than Krampus: Twisted Devil with 1,361,704 defense (However, this includes a +10% from Hybridization that turns into a 50% at the start of battle, leaving it at 1,856,869).
  • Nether Aura: Defense 300% (boosted by Incandescence) and Jailbreak put it at 18,191,308 defense.
  • Krampus copies that exact stat with Envy. Incandescence and Jailbreak recalculate, leaving him at 32,391,547 defense.

This is what he has with Kindness > Fool's Axiom:

Offline yg

• View Profile
Reply #14 August 31, 2016, 05:08:36 AM
What's the defense multiplier on your Krampus? I'd really appreciate it if you'd explain what order the traits stack. I've been testing out how stat bonuses work, but I don't have the materials to see how a lot of trait combinations interact. As a suggestion, have you tried Kindness instead of Fool's Axiom? I haven't been able to test it, but it'd be interesting to see how it works.

Right now I'm running the super lazy 6 Invidia team. I want to go full cruise control and make a Pit Worm Tunneler team, but still need to do some material grinding. I might be able to get it workable, but I want to see some big numbers.

Offline Umaro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #13 July 29, 2016, 12:08:06 PM
I'll post my full team, so feel free to suggest changes that would make it better!

Blood (Twisted Devil)
   Trait: Dragon's Undoing
   Artifact: Sorcery Lance
   A. Trait: Diligence
Flame (Cinder Devil)
   Trait: Giant's Destruction
   Artifact: Nature Lance
   A. Trait: Stifle
Rock (Stone Devil)
   Trait: Angel's Horror
   Artifact: Life Lance
   A. Trait: Swiftcasting
Skull (Skull Devil)
   Trait: Revenant's Toll
   Artifact: Death Lance
   A. Trait: Celestial Fortitude
Gloom (Doom Devil)
   Trait: Devil's Deceit
   Artifact: Chaos Lance
   A. Trait: Through the Gloom
Krampus (Krampus)
   Trait: Nether Aura: Defense: 300%
   Artifact: Heavy Shield
   N. Trait 1: Envy
   N. Trait 2: Fool's Axiom
   N. Trait 3: Incandescence
   A. Trait: Braze / Secret Ingredient (when card farming)

This picture shows the difference in damage my Devils do when hitting a creature weak to their trait (about x14).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Edit: the difference seems to be between x14 and x17.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:28:31 PM by Umaro »

Offline nobogui

• View Profile
Reply #12 July 27, 2016, 07:21:19 AM
This is a fun team to play.  The theme is HP bomb.  A challenge for you all:  I have an empty artifact slot on my wight.  Can anyone recommend a good trait that would complement the theme?

Wow really like this one, very interesting.  Also glad to see you using the best avatar for your nether ;-).

Offline crumplecup

• View Profile
Reply #11 July 24, 2016, 04:35:35 PM
This is a fun team to play.  The theme is HP bomb.  A challenge for you all:  I have an empty artifact slot on my wight.  Can anyone recommend a good trait that would complement the theme?

Offline Candy Spoon

• View Profile
Reply #10 July 21, 2016, 02:12:34 PM
It is from the Flat Rock material which gives Hostile Vitality. "When this creature attacks, it deals additional damage equal to 35% of its Current Health."

According to the wiki its from a Wall Giant

Offline PeregrinTook

• View Profile
Reply #9 July 21, 2016, 09:50:15 AM
snipsnip

For example my commander has the trait that deals 35% of max health as additional damage and as they have about 20k health at level 120, it adds up. He also has splash, so will one shot a row on his own.

Could you point me to which creature you get this trait from, if you remember?

Offline Umaro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #8 July 21, 2016, 07:38:55 AM
I'll post my full team, so feel free to suggest changes that would make it better!

Blood (Twisted Devil)
   Trait: Dragon's Undoing
   Artifact: Sorcery Lance
   A. Trait: Diligence
Flame (Cinder Devil)
   Trait: Giant's Destruction
   Artifact: Nature Lance
   A. Trait: Stifle
Rock (Stone Devil)
   Trait: Angel's Horror
   Artifact: Life Lance
   A. Trait: Swiftcasting
Skull (Skull Devil)
   Trait: Revenant's Toll
   Artifact: Death Lance
   A. Trait: Celestial Fortitude
Gloom (Doom Devil)
   Trait: Devil's Deceit
   Artifact: Chaos Lance
   A. Trait: Through the Gloom
Krampus (Krampus)
   Trait: Nether Aura: Defense: 300%
   Artifact: Heavy Shield
   N. Trait 1: Envy
   N. Trait 2: Fool's Axiom
   N. Trait 3: Incandescence
   A. Trait: Braze / Secret Ingredient (when card farming)