Thylacine Studios - Forum

Raiko's Renewed Idea Repository!  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Raikomaru

• Monster Creator, Berserker Fiend Affectionado.
    • View Profile
Re: Raiko's Renewed Idea Repository!
Reply #31 July 09, 2018, 11:38:04 PM
Yeah, I totally edited this post. Figured you guys'd much rather see another monster type instead of...you know, an empty, useless post. And I've got something nice for you, courtesy of forums poster(and Skype buddy) Dianne: another mechanical monster, the Breacher, tank-like, mechanical Sorcery-type physical fighters, whose barrels evoke the style of pistols, and whose normal attacks do fancy things.

Monster Class: Breacher
Element: Sorcery
Role: Durable DPS(good ATK and DEF, okay SPD and HP, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Caplock Breacher
Trait: Pull The Trigger(Tough Trigger)
Effect: This monster's attacks do 75% more damage and inflict the target with Vulnerable.

Added Monster: Revolving Breacher
Trait: Rebound Shot(Measured Trigger)
Effect: If this monster misses an attack, another enemy takes the hit in its place.

Added Monster: Derringer Breacher
Trait: Quick On The Draw(Feather-light Trigger)
Effect: This monster's attacks do more damage the higher its target is on the action queue.

Added Monster: Automatic Breacher
Trait: Spray And Pray(Itchy Trigger)
Effect: If this monster misses an attack, all other enemies take 35% of the damage the initial target would've taken.

Added Monster: Bolt-action Breacher
Trait: Aim And Shoot(Smooth Trigger)
Effect: This monster's attacks do more damage the lower its target is on the action queue.

Added Monster: Blunderbuss Breacher
Trait: Buckshot(Refurbished Trigger)
Effect: If this monster attacks an enemy that has Vulnerable, the enemies adjacent to it take 75% of the damage the initial target took.

Itherian Monster: Magnum Breacher
Trait: Five Shots Or Six?(Itherian Trigger)
Effect: If this monster attacks an enemy that's below 25% HP, or PUTS it below 25% HP, and they survive the attack, that enemy gets attacked a second time.

Special Monster: Ancient Breacher
Trait: Museum Piece(Rope Trigger)
Effect: If this monster's attack kills an enemy, the enemy behind it takes 50% of the damage the initial target took.

Disclaimer: Values shown may change at the devs' discretion. Also, I'd love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

And here's the first newly-edited Unaligned Realm of Page 3! Closing in on done with the edits.

THE AQUEDUCTS

Floor: Lister's sea.
Walls: Tartarith's dark walls, recolored grey.
Presiding Deity: None!

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. The Aqueducts are a side of Nex that few people get to see, as they're...well, the aqueducts under the castle and town, which ferry away the city's waste so it may be processed. Of course, this DOES mean the place is rife with monsters, and the knights tasked with keeping the watery tunnels clean ARE a bit hard-pressed to deal with it all sometimes, but exploration may be worth it. One man's trash...

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Angry Totem: Darker then usual due to being waterlogged. These have been erected by Torun as a means to ward off monsters after the Siralim assault. Approach the totems to apply a realmwide debuff. Sometimes, though, monsters try to tear down the totems. Tear down the monsters instead to apply TWO realmwide debuffs.
Trash Pile: A big pile of refuse blocking the water's path. Break it up and take whatever resouces got caught in it. Sometimes, though, these piles are actually Mite nests, in which case you should totally smoosh the vermin and take all of their hoarded resources, more then such a pile would otherwise have.
Whirlpool: Like Yseros' quicksand pits, except water-colored. These are miniboss portals, and the monsters there are usually led by Revenants.
Nex Relief: A wall detail depicting Nex's iconography. Usually in the process of being defaced by monsters. Show these vandals that their art critique is not welcome, and receive a random item.
Knight: Nexian knights assigned to deal with the monsters and pick up interresting knick-knacks. They're being menaced by said monsters, though having gotten split up. Save all four of them to gain a random god token. Sometimes, Ilberd is among the Knights, and you meet him as he's fighting off a Nemesis pack whose leader has an extra trait. Lending him a helping hand will make him throw in a second random god token and a Pandemonium Token.
Cloth Sack: These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:50:24 AM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #30 July 09, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
Moreso a statement in general, GMD. :P I'm sure, if you keep trying, you'll get it to work eventually. And hey, there just so happens to be a threadful of monsters you can work with(and the properietor of said thread to provide suggestions for other monsters here...:3

...also, a future edit, here's some more stuff, dug up from an old conversation I had with Skype buddy(and Discord member) Dianne. Introducing the Decrepit, former humans who do casting-related things when they have Arcane on.

Monster Class: Decrepit
Role: Glass Cannon Caster(good INT and SPD, okay Mana, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Withered Decrepit
Trait: Unwholesome Power(Disturbing Locus)
Effect: This monster always has Arcane.

Added Monster: Molten Decrepit
Trait: Hatred And Loathing(Unsettling Locus)
Effect: When this monster has Arcane, it also gains Berserk.

Added Monster: Malformed Decrepit
Trait: Drunk On The Darkside(Worrisome Locus)
Effect: When this monster has Arcane and casts a spell, it adds 50% of its other stats are added to its INT for that cast.

Added Monster: Twisted Decrepit
Trait: The Price Of Power(Aberrant Locus)
Effect: When this monster has Arcane, the Mana costs of its spells is reduced by 50%.

Added Monster: Corrupted Decrepit
Trait: Wicked Rituals(Disgusting Locus)
Effect: When an enemy would gain Arcane, this monster gains it Arcane instead, and also gains a 10% INT boost.

Added Monster: Hollow Decrepit
Trait: Bottomless Pit(Horrifying Locus)
Effect: When this monster has Arcane, any enemy hit by its spells has its INT reduced by 5%, and this monster has its INT increased by 5%.

Itherian Monster: Eldritch Decrepit
Trait: Perils Of The Aether(Itherian Locus)
Effect: When this monster has Arcane and an enemy is below 25% HP, this monster will cast the appropriate Scourge spell on that enemy. This only happens for one enemy per turn.

Disclaimer: Values shown may change at the devs' discretion. Also, I'd love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

And another one of those fancy Unaligned Realms.

THE ODEELE LAKE AREA

Floor: Meraxis' plants, along with the occasional lily pad.
Walls: Lister's sea.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. On the surface, Odeele Lake looks positively picturesque...a sunny lakeside with clean water. But nothing is further from the truth: the atmosphere is unnaturally static and eerie, and induces despair in those who stay there for too long. It also seems to spawn its own monsters, who simply crawl out of the lake itself.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Red Rose: Like the ones from Erebyss' realm, but a deep red. Roses like this are conduits for Odeele Lake's harrowing atmosphere, so plucking them is a good idea. Plucking a red rose yields an Unaligned Token. Sometimes, though, a bunch of monsters, usually led by an Gigantoad, may march ashore to prevent you from doing that. Sending these rude creatures back into the water adds a nice boost to essence to that Unaligned Token.
Loose Books: Like the ones from Zonte's realm. Diaries left by some of Odeele Lake's prior victims. Collecting these yields a nice boost of Essence, and allows magi to more safely study this place's effect on the mind.
Whirlpool: Like Yseros' quicksand pits. These are miniboss portals, and the teams they lead to are usually led by Kraakens.
Tall Grass: Like the ones from Torun's realm. Tall grass like this often hides monsters, and inspecting it may yield a battle against a team of Wolpertingers, Vileblooms or Applings. Clear out all of these patches to gain a random token...Meraxis, Lister or Unaligned.
Tall Tree: Like the ones from Aeolian's realm. Trees like this seem to unreasonably attract swarms of Flitterwings. Defeat them for a treasure chest.
Small Mushrooms: Like the ones from Meraxis's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:40:42 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline gay monster dad

• stop it
    • View Profile
Reply #29 July 09, 2018, 01:21:48 PM
And don't worry about it not being that great, everything has to start someplace!

Uh... I didn't say it wasn't good? I just said I had trouble fitting it into Siralim's art style? ???
*runs out of topic screaming*

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #28 July 09, 2018, 12:40:38 PM
And here's the second: the Appling, whose gimmick involves healing allies when certain things happen. Had to actually research apple types for this one!

Monster Class: Appling
Element: Nature
Role: Durable Healer(good ATK, INT and SPD, meh everything else)

Base Monster: Red Delicious
Trait: Fruity Pep(Sweet Seeds)
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy, a random ally is healed for 40% of their Max HP

Added Monster: Braeburner
Trait: Deep Fried(Toasted Seeds)
Effect: When an enemy takes damage from Poison or Bleed, a random ally is healed by 30% of its Max HP, and if said enemy takes damage from Burn, said ally gets healed for 60% of their Max HP

Added Monster: Caramelle
Trait: Carnival Fare(Glazed Seeds)
Effect: Whenever an ally receives a buff, it's also healed for 40% of their Max HP.

Added Monster: Jonagold
Trait: Shining Flavor(Ripe Seeds)
Effect: When an ally gains a DEF boost, they regain 40% of their Max HP.

Added Monster: Granny Smith
Trait: Home Sweet Home(Sour Seeds)
Effect: When an ally monster gets healed, they get healed for 40% more then they normally would.

Added Monster: Honeycrisp
Trait: Sting Like A Bee(Stripey Seeds)
Effect: When an ally kills an enemy monster, that ally regains 40% of their Max HP.

Itherian Monster: Autumn Glory
Trait: Like Cinnamon(Itherian Seeds)
Effect: So long as this monster lives, if an ally dips below 25% health the first time in battle, that ally's HP is restored to full.

And an associated Unaligned Realm.

THE ALABASTER REEF

Floor: Vertraag's white, stony floor.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. Many people think this is a coral reef, and it's true that a fair bit of coral grows here. But the truth is that the Alabaster Reef is, for the most part, comprised of the enduring bones of a massive sea monster from the olden days. Monsters come here to parttake of the unusual atmosphere, and adventurers come here to seek the riches of those lost here.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Imp Huts: Like the ones from Lister's and Torun's realms. The Imps here want sea diamonds...like the diamonds from Azural's realm, but a silvery blue color. Give them their diamonds and get rewarded with a Token...Vertraag, Lister or Unaligned...at the end.
Obelisk: Like the ones from Meraxis' realm, but white like Surathli's obelisks. These work like the Moai from Lister's realm: leave 250 of every resource and gain a reward. In this case, a treasure chest.
Whirlpool: Like Yseros' quicksand pits. These are miniboss portals, and the teams they lead to are usually led by Crabsters.
Moai: Like the ones from Lister's realm. These cheery stone heads are being attacked by angry, tourist-hating monsters. Beat these hooligans up and gain an Unaligned Token.
Conch Shell: Like the ones from Lister's realm. These are simple Essence nodes.
Rubble Pile: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:54:01 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #27 July 09, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
Now then, to a bit more content. I've got some new monster-types...first among them being the Handem, who support casting-heavy teams as long as you can get the speeds right.

Monster Class: Handem
Role: Jack-of-all-trades(good ATK and INT, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Helping Handem
Trait: Friendly Boost(Manicured Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive Life spell does 200% more damage, or the next ally's Life-element heal does 200% more healing.

Added Monster: Gripping Handem
Trait: Heart-throbbing(Cracked Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive Death-type spell does 200% more damage.

Added Monster: Giving Handem
Trait: Bounty of Power(Long Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive Nature-type spell does 200% more damage.

Added Monster: Pointing Handem
Trait: Elaboration(Painted Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive Sorcery-type spell does 200% more damage.

Added Monster: Striking Handem
Trait: Sucker Punch(Trimmed Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive Chaos-type spell does 200% more damage.

Itherian Monster: Holding Handem
Trait: Direction(Itherian Fingernail)
Effect: When this monster attacks or casts a spell, the next ally's offensive spell does 100% more damage

And here's yet another Unaligned Realm!

THE MIRE

Floor: Erebyss' dark, dusty floor, but a bit darker.
Walls: Meraxis' deep swamp, but a bit darker.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. If ever there was an evil counterpart to Meraxis' realm, the Mire would be it. An unpleasant, dangerous bit of marshland where danger awaits around every corner, and where hopes come to die. Still, it does attract adventurers, out to witness this place's unusual, magnificent pearlescent roses.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Bulb: Red bulbs like the ones from Meraxis' realm. These either provide a realmwide debuff, or attract a Nemesis battle whose leader has an extra Trait.
Obelisk: Like the ones from Meraxis' realm. These obelisks are there to conduct lightning when bad weather moves over the Mire, and, as such, generally get harassed by Storms. Make the bad weather go away for all three obelisks to get a Token...Meraxis, Erebyss or Unaligned.
Skull Pile: Like the ones from Erebyss's realm. Inspecting this pile of former explorers reveals three packs of monsters labeled 'Killer'. Make them pay for their crimes, as the reward for doing so is a treasure chest and an Unaligned Token.
Grave Marker: Like the ones from Azural's realm. Pay your respects to these graves for a bunch of Essence. Sometimes, though, you can catch nasty grave-robbing monsters in the act. Punish them, and be rewarded with more Essence.
Pearlescent Rose: Like the ones from Erebyss' realm, but white. These special flowers grant a benefit to all those who stop to admire them, granting a realmwide buff.
Mushroom: Like the ones from Erebyss' and Meraxis' realms. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:51:37 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #26 July 09, 2018, 12:27:34 PM
I actually had a go at trying to sprite the Killamari from the Kraaken group, but i'm honestly having a fair bit of trouble making it fit into Siralim's art style. The dithering is pretty tricky to replicate. Regardless, here's my interpretation:

Oh, neat!
I really love a lot of these, the Flitterwings are entirely my aesthetic. Not that Ward is my favourite mechanic, mind, but it's good to see it get some love, too?
Another thought is that there could always be more Classes with varied effects; I mean, the Nix class is all over the place, but my current team, even if casual as I am, is really fun; it's all about on-death effects, haha, and the more I die, the stronger I become!
So. Maybe more of that, then?

Also!
Hello there, gay monster dad!
Your mods and content have enhanced my gaming life, so I'm glad I can say you're great in person, as it were!
Also, I think that's a very kute Killamari; the Siralim style is kind of hard to replicate. It's a bit SMT/Devilkids, a bit FFMQ, and it's own thing, as well...

But I could still imagining running into this tentacled terror of the deeps.
Probably at the supermarket, where we'd exchange knowing glances while buying nautical fiction. (Possibly.)

Ooh, people posted!

GMD, that's a pretty nice sprite and a nice effect...though I'd personally give it a slightly angrier expression. And don't worry about it not being that great, everything has to start someplace! Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing your take on other monsters! And Baudouin, thank you for the praise! And do elaborate on the on-death effects(though I'm sure you'll like the Bombardiers!). Also...if I may ask, which monsters did you like most, and why? Your feedback only makes me better!

And just so people don't think this is just an empty 'Oh, cool stuff!' post, have some content. First, meet the Roos, tough brawlers who get stronger when they have Berserk, with trait names based on a certain boxing series.

Monster Class: Roo

Base Monster: Friendly Roo
Trait: Gazelle Punch(Featherweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, its attacks remove one of the target's buffs.

Added Monster: Aloof Roo
Trait: Cross Counter(Lightweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, once per turn, when it's attacked but before the attack goes through, it attacks the attacker with 100% power. If the attacker survives, the attack goes through as normal.

Added Monster: Wild Roo
Trait: Freeform Fighting(Welterweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, its attacks ignore 10% of the target's DEF.

Added Monster: Buffoonish Roo
Trait: Look Away(Middleweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, its attacks will never miss, no matter what.

Added Monster: Handsome Roo
Trait: Dragonfish Blow(Cruiserweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, it does 10% more damage for every buff it has, Berserk included.

Added Monster: Boastful Roo
Trait: Dynamite Punch(Heavyweight Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, it attacks as if it has 200% more ATK.

Itherian Monster: Triumphant Roo
Trait: Dempsey Roll(Itherian Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk and one of its attacks connects, it has a 25% chance to attack the same target again. If the attack in question was Critical, it instead has a 50% chance to attack again.

Special Monster: The Flyin' Sheilah
Trait: Burning Heart(Championship Belt)
Effect: When this monster has Berserk, it takes 50% LESS damage instead of 50% MORE damage.

And an Unaligned Realm to boot!

AL-BASTIEL PRISON

Floor: Yseros' sandy floor.
Walls: Tartarith's dark walls.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. A fortress in the general vicinity of where Kaito may have been, long ago, this ominous keep is rumored to have once detained criminals and other scum. However, it's mostly abandoned now, with only monsters making their home here. The place seems unusually popular with Doomguards as well...

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Glowing Shackles: These shackles hold souls so faded, they cannot be seen. The souls desire freedom, which requires finding keys. Get the right key to the right shackle and the spirit, very grateful, will pass on, leaving a treasure chest. Or it'll be ungrateful and spawn a group of monsters, in which case slaying these creatures will yield a treasure chest and a token...Yseros, Tartarith or Unaligned.
Doomguard: Regular Doomguard NPCs. They live peacefully here, and are being attacked by hostile monsters. Stomp those guys into slush, and be rewarded by the Doomguards, who are generous with resources.
Torture Table: Like the ones from Tartarith's realm, and they do the same thing.
Cage: Small cages containing trapped souls. Open all of these cages to spawn a red portal, like the ones from Surathli's realm, leading to a special miniboss room. This miniboss room is always led by a named Doomguard with an extra trait. Defeat him for an Unaligned Token, as well as whatever's in the treasure chests it guards.
Dark Cell Door: Barred, metal doors with darkness beyond them. These are miniboss portals, where the lead monster is usually a Clutcher or a Masochist.
Iron Maiden: Like the ones from Tartarith's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:33:39 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Baudouin

• Just a fool, but a just fool.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 July 08, 2018, 08:35:41 AM
Oh, neat!
I really love a lot of these, the Flitterwings are entirely my aesthetic. Not that Ward is my favourite mechanic, mind, but it's good to see it get some love, too?
Another thought is that there could always be more Classes with varied effects; I mean, the Nix class is all over the place, but my current team, even if casual as I am, is really fun; it's all about on-death effects, haha, and the more I die, the stronger I become!
So. Maybe more of that, then?

Also!
Hello there, gay monster dad!
Your mods and content have enhanced my gaming life, so I'm glad I can say you're great in person, as it were!
Also, I think that's a very kute Killamari; the Siralim style is kind of hard to replicate. It's a bit SMT/Devilkids, a bit FFMQ, and it's own thing, as well...

But I could still imagining running into this tentacled terror of the deeps.
Probably at the supermarket, where we'd exchange knowing glances while buying nautical fiction. (Possibly.)

Offline gay monster dad

• stop it
    • View Profile
Reply #24 July 08, 2018, 02:01:56 AM
I actually had a go at trying to sprite the Killamari from the Kraaken group, but i'm honestly having a fair bit of trouble making it fit into Siralim's art style. The dithering is pretty tricky to replicate. Regardless, here's my interpretation:
*runs out of topic screaming*

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #23 June 30, 2018, 05:01:20 PM
Realized that there was no monster themed after Ward yet, and...well, it's been a while since I added to this thread, so here's a new monster type: the Flitterwing, based on butterflies and nobility.

Monster Class: Flitterwing
Role: Jack-of-all-trades caster(great Mana, okay everything else)

Base Monster: Flitterwing Monarch
Trait: Royal Edict(Matte Wing Dust)
Effect: Your creatures always have Ward. In addition, this creature has an independent 30% chance to make enemy spells aimed at it fizzle out.

Added Monster: Flitterwing Cardinal
Trait: Sermon(Chalky Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature gains Ward, it gains Arcane as well.

Added Monster: Flitterwing Baron
Trait: Noble Pedigree(Glittering Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature has Ward, it casts as if it had 100% more INT.

Added Monster: Flitterwing Tyrant
Trait: Cruel Oppressor(Fine-grain Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature has Ward, it attacks as if it had 100% more ATK.

Added Monster: Flitterwing Ace
Trait: Hot-Shot Flier(Cloudy Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature has Ward, it dodges and gets turns as if it had 100% more SPD.

Added Monster: Flitterwing General
Trait: Pride And Courage(Combustible Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature has Ward, it takes hits as if it had 100% more DEF.

Itherian Monster: Flitterwing Usurper
Trait: Taking Control(Itherian Wing Dust)
Effect: When this creature has Ward and attacks an enemy with less then 30% health, the enemy is killed, and all the buffs it had are given to this creature.

And here's another Unaligned Realm whose combo was suggested by badNews!

THE SUBMERGED BASTION

Floor: The big tile floors around the summoning brazier, recolored auburn.
Walls: Tartarith's dark walls.
Effect: Friden's underwater effect.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. This would've been a proud bastion in the war against Siralim, a bulwark to protect the people inside it...had the engineers not made the mistake of placing it in an easily-floodable location. After an unfortunate wall breach that let in a torrent of water from a nearby mountain basin, this place was off-limits to anyone but Revenants until the Warp Shrine showed up...

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Revenant: Essentially just random Revenant NPCs. They're the locals, and being attacked by all sorts of nasty, foreign monsters. Save them all from the scum, and gain a Token...Friden, Tartarith or Unaligned.
Potion Rack: Racks of potions left by the people who worked here before it flooded. The potions do get in the water, but they release realmwide buffs or debuffs when this happens.
Skull: Like the ones from Regalis' realm, sans the webs. These skulls are meeting points for groups of Revenants, who will accost any who inspect them. Defeat them for a nice chunk of resources, and get them all for an Unaligned Token.
Suit of Armor: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm. These suits are empty inside, and were used as stashes to hide stuff. They can, as such, deliver the following things: a realmwide buff, a realmwide debuff, a nice boost in a random resource, a small stash of spell dust, a small stash of artifact materials, a Core belonging to a monster in the rotation or a fight with a teamful of Mites.
Skull Pile: Like the ones from Erebyss's realm. These are miniboss portals, where the lead monster is usually a Ghoul with an extra Trait.
Seashell: Like the ones from Friden's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:49:27 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #22 June 27, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
To celebrate the removal of the bots, I'll add a new monster type to this thread: the explosive Bombardiers, whose Traits take effect when they're defeated(because they're bombs).

Monster Class: Bombardier
Role: Glass Cannon DPS(good ATK and SPD, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Barrel Bombardier
Trait: Splinter Barrage(Jute Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of its ATK and gain Weak.

Added Monster: Frag Bombardier
Trait: Sharpnel Squall(Straw Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of its ATK and gain Bleed.

Added Monster: Molotov Bombardier
Trait: Feel The Burn(Cloth Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of its attack and gain Burn.

Added Monster: Flashing Bombardier
Trait: Brightly Lit(Rope Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of its ATK and gain Blind.

Added Monster: Cherry Bombardier
Trait: Flavor Explosion(Fiber Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of its ATK, and all allies are healed by the same amount.

Added Monster: Iron Bombardier
Trait: Cannonball(Hemp Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of this monster's ATK, except the monster that killed it, which instead takes damage equal to 150% of this creature's ATK.

Itherian Monster: Antioch Bombardier
Trait: Hallelujah!(Itherian Wick)
Effect: When this monster is defeated, all enemies take damage equal to 100% of this monster's ATK, and all allies have their debuffs removed.

THE GLACIER

Floor: The ice floor from Azural's boss arena.
Effect: Gentle, falling snow.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. This realm is nothing so much as a large chunk of ice in arctic waters. Footing is treacherous, so bring your cleats. The temperatures are butt-freezingly cold, so bring your warmest clothes. And the monsters are out for blood, so bring your toughest guys!

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Snowman: Like the ones from Azural's realm. These are friendly, helpful snowmen who provide a realmwide buff when inspected.
Tall Ice: Like the crystals from Lister's realm. Good sources of, of course, Crystal, they can be mined for that purpose. Sometimes, though, you'll be attacked by monsters out for a snack, so beat them up and gain even MORE Crystal.
Igloo: Like the ones from Azural's realm. They're in need of things to start campfires with, but all that's there are large bones, like the ones from Vulcanar's realm. Bring them these bones to receive stuff.
Moai: Stone heads like the ones from Lister's realm, out vacationing. They're being annoyed by monsters, though, so clear the rabble out and they'll reward you with a Token...Azural, Lister or Unaligned.
Whirlpool: Like the quicksand spirals from Azural's realm. These are miniboss portals, where the lead monster is usually a Selkie or a Tidelord.
Ice Spikes: Like the ones from Azural's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:01:15 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #21 June 22, 2018, 07:42:07 PM
...I lied. THIS tops it off for today, proving once and for all that I can keep up. Behond, the Retro Fiend-inspired, debuff-removing Gigantoads!

Monster Class: Gigantoad
Element: Chaos
Role: Durable DPS(Very good HP, good ATK, okay DEF, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Gaea Toad
Trait: Metabolize Poison(Knobbled Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Poison from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Added Monster: Flambelk
Trait: Flame Eater(Hot Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Burn from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Added Monster: Nostalgre
Trait: Rage-colored Glasses(Monochrome Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Scorn from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Added Monster: Befouled One
Trait: Trash Disposal(Slimy Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Blight from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Added Monster: Bellowcroaker
Trait: Shout It Out Loud(Muscular Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Silence from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Added Monster: Freezard
Trait: Ice Pop(Frozen Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Freeze from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Itherian Monster: Murk Lurker
Trait: Adamantine Stomach(Itherian Toad Leg)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes Curse from every ally, itself included, and heals 10% of its max Health for every ally it removes this debuff from.

Special Monster: Bar Flytrap
Trait: Stone Cold Sober(Toad Leg And Wine)
Effect: When this monster Defends, it removes all Drunk stacks from every ally, itself included, and heals 5% of its max HP for every Drunk stack it removes this way.

Oh, and if you thought I was done, I'm only just gettin' started, boyo! Have another Unaligned Realm!

THE SEA OF STARS

Floor: Vertraag's starscape background.
Walls: The purple starscape from the summoning brazier area, albeit with a darker background.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. One of the most mystical places among the Unaligned Realms, this is simply a part of deep space, made traversible through powerful magic and the presence of a Warp Shrine. Don't spend too long gawking, though: the power of space draws many monsters, and there are sure to be angry locals as well!

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Spheres: The big one. These are basically the same ones from Vertraag's realm, but they do something diffrent. The Mana Sphere initiates a battle against a pack led by an Amaranth, and yields resources. The Moon Sphere initiates a fight with a pack led by a Spheroid, and yields a realmwide buff. The Sun Sphere kicks off a brawl with a Nemesis pack led by a Nether Demigod and yields a Token...could be any god, though.
Mirror Ball: Same as the one from Surathli's realm. The token it pays out is Unaligned, though.
Milky Pool: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm, except off-white. These kick off a fight against a Nemesis pack using the Bar Brawl music, and have a decent chance of featuring Alementals. Beating them nets a fairly nice boost to resources.
Warp Orb: Like the rogue cores from realm quests, except white. These are teleporters, but you can be attacked in transit once per orb by packs usually led by Amaranths. Clear all of them out for a treasure chest.
Wormhole: Like the ones from Vertraag's realm. These are miniboss portals, where the lead monster is generally an Amaranth or a Spheroid.
Purple Star: Like the ones from Surathli's realm, except not buried. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:03:36 AM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #20 June 22, 2018, 07:01:40 PM
And to top it all off, a QUADRUPLE-tap. Introducing the Retro Occultist-inspired Grievers, the polar opposites of the Ragmen, ability-wise!

Monster Class: Griever
Element: Life
Role: Durable Caster(good INT and HP, okay SPD and ATK, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Lamenting Griever
Trait: Heartful Protection(Warm Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except for this monster gains a barrier whose strength is twice the damage this monster took.

Added Monster: Heartbroken Griever
Trait: Filling The Void(Cold Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except this monster gets one random debuff removed, with priority given to debuffs sufefred by more then one monster.

Added Monster: Innocent Griever
Trait: Beautiful Tragedy(Cutesy Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except for this monster is healed for 25% of their Max HP.

Added Monster: Insincere Griever
Trait: Crocodile Tears(Dry Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except this monster gains the ability to, for one turn, inflict one of this monster's debuffs with their normal attacks.

Added Monster: Pitiful Griever
Trait: Downtrodden(Torn Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except this monster gains a copy of one of this monster's buffs.

Added Monster: Hopeful Griever
Trait: To Spring Anew(Rumpled Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party except for this monster gets their Mana restored to full and, for their next turn, cast at 50% extra power.

Itherian Monster: Tumultuous Griever
Trait: Berserker Tears(Itherian Handkerchief)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the entire party, this monster included, gain 75% ATK or INT, whichever is higher for them, and Berserk.

And behold, the last Unaligned Realm whose combi was suggested by badNews!

THE DORMANT VOLCANO

Floor: Vulcanar's hardened magma floors, but darker and sans the magma.
Walls: Friden's abyss.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. This USED to be a volcano, a mountain of stone that coursed with the lifeblood of the world, and gushed it out at times. But years ago, this mountain's fire simply...dissapeared, leaving it dormant and inert. That's not to say that monsters aren't here...they do live here, either before or after the fire went out.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Evil Statue: Like the ones from Vulcanar's realm. Nasty statues erected by Devils, Fiends or Apocalypses who desire godhood, and intend to gain it in this realm. Knock them out for a nice chunk of resources.
Bonfire: Like the ones from Azural's realm. These are Miniboss portals, and the monsters they lead to tend to be Efreets.
Rock Slabs: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm. Rocks like these can be mined for resources. Sometimes, though, monsters are already mining them, in which case beat them up to get MORE resources.
Obelisk: Like the ones from Meraxis's realm, except redder. There's a few of these around the volcano, erected by people with a fevered wish for the fire to come back. Inspect them all for an Unaligned Token...though they sometimes lead to fights with monsters out to deface the obelisks.
Pandemonium Tokens: These kind of just lay about the place at random.
Rock Pile: Like the ones from Yseros' realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:25:47 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #19 June 22, 2018, 06:26:09 PM
And hey, guess who's still not done? That's right, boys and girls, it's ME~! I've got yet another monster: the Ragmen, who punish others who damage them!

Monster Class: Ragman
Element: Death

Base Monster: Ragman Shotelier
Trait: Shield Bypass(Ragged Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy takes 50% more damage the next time they take damage.

Added Monster: Ragman Harvester
Trait: Like Wheat(Messy Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy and the two monsters adjacent to it suffer a 50% healing penalty the next time they're healed.

Added Monster: Ragman Cudgeler
Trait: Bitter Strikes(Ripped Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy is inflicted with Stun and Vulnerable for two turns.

Added Monster: Ragman Slitter
Trait: Raspy Breath(Torn Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy has its Mana reduced to 0.

Added Monster: Ragman Ringblader
Trait: What Goes Around(Threadbare Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy gains copies of all of this monster's debuffs.

Added Monster: Ragman Duellist
Trait: Cunning Riposte(Dyed Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, it casts the last spell cast by the enemy party.

Itherian Monster: Ragman Swordmaster
Trait: Reckless Finisher(Itherian Hood)
Effect: When this monster takes damage, the offending enemy has a 80% chance of taking half the damage it dealt, and a 20% chance of being killed outright.

THE FROZEN OUTPOST

Floor: Regalis' cobblestone floors.
Walls: Azural's ice walls.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. A now-abandoned fortress outpost constructed during a war long ago, the engineers of this place got crafty by building the fort directly into a large ice mountain, so that the frozen expanse could serve as their protection...and as their sustenance during expansion projects. Might as well make use of that ice! In current times, however, a large number of icy monsters have moved in, making retrieving supplies and equipment something of a hassle.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Yeti: Essentially just random Yeti NPCs. These guys are friendly neighbourhood abominable snowmen who intend to make the outpost their home, but they're being beset by nasty monsters. Save all the being-attacked Yeti to be rewarded with a Token...Azural, Regalis or Unaligned...as well as a special shopkeeper that looks like an Itherian yeti.
Webbed Skull: Like the ones from Regalis' realm. Formerly belonging to a warrior stationed here, inspecting one of these skulls yields a battle against a group of monster, led by a buffed-up Woolly Arachnalisk. Dispatch these fiends to gain an Unaligned Token.
Ichor Stain: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm, except greenish, and they do basically the same thing, save that they spawn a treasure chest when cleared.
Suit of Armor: Like the ones from Gonfurian's realm. These suits are empty inside, and were used as stashes to hide stuff. They can, as such, deliver the following things: a realmwide buff, a realmwide debuff, a nice boost in a random resource, a small stash of spell dust, a small stash of artifact materials, a Core belonging to a monster in the rotation or a fight with a teamful of Mites.
Grave Marker: Like the ones from Azural's realm. These are miniboss portals, where the lead monster is usually ice-themed and has an extra trait.
Ice Crystal: Like the ones from Azural's realm. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:40:45 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #18 June 22, 2018, 05:50:16 PM
...and ANOTHER new monster-type. These are Artifices(formerly Constructs, but then Zack did his own thing with the name, so I renamed these lol) whose gimmick is that they become rather more problematic at or below 50% health.
EDIT FROM THE FUTURE: Had to change some names given the ACTUAL Construct family.

Monster Class: Artifice
Role: Durable DPS(good ATK and DEF, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Mass-produced Artifice
Trait: Berserker Mode(New-model Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% health, this monster gains 200% ATK, Critical and Berserk.

Added Monster: Veiled Artifice
Trait: Energy Shield(Studded Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% health, this monster gains 150% DEF and a barrier equal in strength to its maximum HP.

Added Monster: Ballistic Artifice
Trait: Turret Mechanism(Greased Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% HP, this monster gains 200% INT, Arcane and, for that one turn, two free casts of one of its spells.

Added Monster: Supercharged Artifice
Trait: Warp-drive Engine(High-efficiency Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% health, this monster gains 200% SPD, Grace and is moved to the top of the action queue.

Added Monster: Trapped Artifice
Trait: Dangerous Technology(Locking Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% health, this monster inflicts three random debuffs on the monster that put it there, as well as reducing said monster to 50% health

Added Monster: Medical Artifice
Trait: Emergency Procedure(Smooth Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% health, once per battle, this monster resurrects and heals the entire party to full HP.

Itherian Monster: Malfunctioning Artifice
Trait: Total Meltdown(Itherian Gear)
Effect: When at or below 50% HP, this monster gets one of its stats increased to 300%, with the stat in question changing every time it takes a turn.

And another Unaligned Realm, THIS realm combo being courtesy of Discord user Macheman7!

THE DESERTED ISLE

Floor: Friden' swept sands.
Walls: For inner wals, there's Torun's jungle foliage. For OUTER walls, there's Lister's blue sea.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. A mysterious island set somewhere in the vast oceans that has recently come under investigation for its abundance of unusual monsters, a great presence of Imps, and the unusual engravings upon slabs found here. Understandably, the aforementioned Imps and unusual monsters make studying the aforementioned engravings difficult to some degree.

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Imp Huts: Same as the ones from Torun's and Lister's realm. This time, though, they want jungle fruits. Get them the kinds of fruit they want, and, when you've done them all, you get a random Token for every hut you've aided...Torun, Lister, Friden or Unaligned.
Angry Totem: Like the ones from Torun's realm. There's usually one of these around, and interacting with it spawns a number of Imp-led 'Protector' teams. Defeat them all and head back to the totem to fight a team led by a buffed-up Imp Hexer, and defeat HIM to gain a good amount of loot and an Unaligned Token.
Stone Slab: Like the grave markers from Erebyss' realm. These either provide a breeding recipe/knowledge page, or a fight with Imps, eager to protect the slabs, which yields TWO breeding recipes/knowledge pages.
Black Crystal: Like the ones from Vulcanar's realm. These are miniboss portals, and are usually led by Obelisks.
Red Bulb: Like the ones from Meraxis' realm. These bulbs either spread a realmwide debuff or spawn a number of monsters, attracted to the scent the bulb released.
Red Apple: Like the ones from Surathli's realm, but a healthy red. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:48:41 PM by Raikomaru »

Offline Raikomaru

• View Profile
Reply #17 June 22, 2018, 04:38:01 PM
You know how Nature spells are really powerful, but barely anyone ever uses them? Well, do I have a monster-type to change THAT shit! Introducing the Elemental monsters...based on the Retro Amaranths, and on elements from the the Periodic Table, too!

Monster Class: Elemental
Role: Tank Caster(good DEF, INT and Mana, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Germanium Elemental
Trait: Illuminatus(Germanium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Death-element and Chaos-element monsters.

Added Monster: Chromium Elemental
Trait: Mirror Finish(Chromium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Chaos-element and Sorcery-element monsters.

Added Monster: Silicon Elemental
Trait: Earthshaper(Silicon Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Sorcery-element and Nature-element monsters.

Added Monster: Arsenic Elemental
Trait: Debilitation(Arsenic Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Nature-element and Life-element monsters.

Added Monster: Radium Elemental
Trait: Irradiated Aura(Radium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Life-element and Death-element monsters.

Added Monster: Lithium Elemental
Trait: Beating The Heat(Lithium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Chaos-element and Nature-element monsters.

Added Monster: Sodium Elemental
Trait: Rock Salt(Sodium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Nature-element and Death-element monsters.

Added Monster: Potassium Elemental
Trait: Nervous Systems(Potassium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Death-element and Sorcery-element monsters.

Added Monster: Hafnium Elemental
Trait: Contain And Control(Hafnium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Sorcery-element and Life-element monsters.

Added Monster: Calcium Elemental
Trait: Stronger Then You(Calcium Solution)
Effect: When casting spells, this monster deals 200% damage to Life-element and Chaos-element monsters.

Added Monster: Titanium Elemental
Trait: Supertough Alloy(Titanium Solution)
Effect: Ally Elementals gain 100% more DEF, and their spells deal 50% more damage to the relevant enemy types.

Itherian Monster: Itherium Elemental
Trait: Element Of Surprise(Itherian Solution)
Effect: Ally Elementals gain 100% more INT, and their spells deal 50% more damage to the relevant enemy types.

Time to get back at it with another Unaligned Realm, the combo for this one coming from Discord user badNews.

THE PURE LAND

Floor: Vulcanar's hardened magma floor, recolored to be less magma-y.
Walls: Yseros' tall sand walls.

One of the newly-discovered Unaligned Realms, revealed when the Ruler of Siralim's power was scattered upon their death. This place is aptly named, a land of such arid dryness that water almost seems to not exist there...the purest kind of land imaginable. The monsters here, fittingly, have adapted to overcome the scarcity of water, though this adaptation also made them incredibly fierce!

NOTABLE REALM OBJECTS
Core: Like the realm quest cores, but a golden orange hue. These are, essentially, physical manifestations of the Pure Land's aridity. Defeat the gaggle of monsters trying to collect them, and then collect them yourself for a VERY handsome boost in Power and one other random resource.
Buried Pyramid: Like the ones from Yseros' realm. These are treasure caches that provide either a modest boost to two random resources, or a fight with a teamful of Mummies that ends with a modest boost to FOUR random resources.
Obelisk: Like the ones from Meraxis' realm, given a darker color. These pillars are repositories of the history of this area, chronicled by a very dedicated scholar. Of course, this does mean monsters are trying to deface them. Clean up the trash to get a treasure chest and a guaranteed Token...Vulcanar, Yseros or Unaligned.
Small Temple: Like the ones from Meraxis' realm, except their glow is yellow. These are miniboss portals.
Large Bone: Like the big bones in Vulcanar's realm. These work like Imp huts: there's a few of these bones around, looking to be reunited with their skulls(which also look like the ones from Vulcanar's realm). Unite all the skulls and bones for a nice boost to all resources and an Unaligned Token.
Rock Pile: Like the ones from Yseros' realm, except colored to match the floor. These are the regular breakables for this realm.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:55:45 AM by Raikomaru »