Thylacine Studios - Forum

Very rare egg drops now drop very common and with 50,000+ gene strength.  (Read 591 times)

Offline Hypersensitive

• View Profile
End game the max eggs that can be gotten from chests are:
1 from normal chests
3(4 with card) from quest completion
6 from portal/boss chests

Increased all numbers by 1 for punishments that increase loot from chests.

The same happens for exalted emblems, fairies, resources, materials, sigils, etc.

GENE STRENGTH
eggs take on about 2/3 of your highest creature's gene strength(stable or not I'm not sure)

I was wondering why my gene strength eggs seemed to stop increasing...

I can confirm it's based on stable.  It seems most efficient to just level one monster and cap it as high as possible and hatch your eggs for other creatures with high gene strength for a strong party.  Unless you want a very specific breeding pattern.

Offline winkrometer

• View Profile
That's great info, bluequakeralex.  However, it doesn't address the fact that so many eggs are dropping - I somehow doubt that averaging more than 1 egg per realm is by design.  :)

Offline bluequakeralex

• View Profile
End game the max eggs that can be gotten from chests are:
1 from normal chests
3(4 with card) from quest completion
6 from portal/boss chests

Increased all numbers by 1 for punishments that increase loot from chests.

The same happens for exalted emblems, fairies, resources, materials, sigils, etc.

GENE STRENGTH
eggs take on about 2/3 of your highest creature's gene strength(stable or not I'm not sure)

Offline winkrometer

• View Profile
I'm seeing this as well.  For example, I just finished an artifact run (Q0->100) as part of a task list; I cleared every level completely.  I received 30(!) eggs total, an average of 1.5 eggs per realm(!!), all in the 60-70k gene strength range.  I got one from a treasure golem, one from digging up buried treasure from a map, and the rest from treasure chests.  Which realm didn't seem to matter; treasure chests were treasure chests.  For reference, I received about 35,000 crystal total from the trip, so I gained eggs about six times faster than I could hatch them (at 7000/hatch) - one treasure chest in Regalis' realm even gave me two eggs at once!

Windows 10
Version 2.1.6

Offline Mint888

• View Profile
I hate for my first post to be a bug report, but I've been too busy playing and reading to post all the wonderful things I think about this game.  I play on both pc and android and have seen this on both.  This bug really ruined game play for me.

I've gotten as many as 4 egg drops with 50k gene strength in a single floor clear of the barrens on normal, level 15 with a lvl ~1000 troll king team 0 gene strength.

If I leave my main ~80k gene strength team in the stables, not hatching, and then go to normal level 15, all the egg drops are 50k+ gene strength.  Egg drops were still common but much lower gs with main team hatching and no gs in stables or on team.

I'm currently on ~120 normal and ~160 nether otherwise.  I only went to a low floor to mass farm cores.  It seems this can happen in other realms but is more common in the barrens given the large number of chests.  I also found an unusually high number of legendary crafting materials and fish, ice cream, etc.

I'm nearly mage level 1,000 and according to my stats, ~700 eggs created, 715 hatched.  That's after my 20 or so gs 50k eggs, I'd only ever found 2 or 3 eggs.  As I recall, all dropped in the barrens.

If I leave and come back with my high gene strength team, the egg drops become +0 to 8 gs.  If I go to a high nether barrens, no egg drops.

Seems like a bug and I hope it is given the hundreds of hours it took to mass farm cores, level them in stable and then cycles of breeding\hatching\farming to get my team to 80k gs.  It seems like an algorithm somewhere is getting unexpectedly low and high values.

I've made a copy of my save games at Cloud ID: 000 000 000 888

Let me know if you need additional information.  Keep up the great work!

Mint